[Discuss] Aspiring Grumpy Unix Admin

jkinney23 at yahoo.ca jkinney23 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 27 07:52:08 EDT 2022

>> Does anyone in this group have suggestions what else I need to land a
>> new job as a grumpy Unix guy?
>I'd also suggest RHSA / RHCE certification (RedHat SysAdmin / Certified
>Engineer).

>In demand by employers large & small (especially large, with deep pockets).

Do you really think Redhat is the way to go? I've heard that a lot so I don't doubt
it. I was overseas in Georgia when I wrote my cert though and settled on LPI
because they had a testing centre right in Tbilisi, while I would have had to
travel to Istanbul or Moscow to write Redhat exams. I also did a quick online
test few months ago and already know 60% of what I need for my LPIC-2.

If you really REALLY think Redhat is that much more recognized by industry,
I believe you though. Maybe it is something I will get back to.