[BCLUG] [Discuss] GitHub...

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Sun Jul 10 08:17:02 EDT 2022

Is that like FreeGeek in Vancouver? (https://www.freegeekvancouver.org/)

> and I got harassed plenty for it.

Whaaat?  What do you mean, harassed? How do people find a computer
recycling operation a target?

Most Linux folks are all about rescuing old hardware to keep it from the
landfill.  Was a thread about someone doing just that on *two* LUG
mailing lists within the past 2 weeks.

> my FOSS association has caused me lots of problems. I actually got
> CSIS on the phone a few weeks ago and they definitely know who I am
> because of it.

Okay, that requires further details.

What problems from FOSS association, and from whom?

And, what does one contact CSIS about? I honestly can't imagine
contacting CSIS instead of local police or RCMP. And even that is a stretch.

And, finally, why would they be aware of some regular person due to FOSS
involvement?  I've been around FOSS stuff for ... 20 years, give or
take, and I'm at a loss here.

Looking forward to some cool & enlightening stories! You caught my
attention with those teasers.

Thanks!