[Discuss] Time for BCLUG to get active

admin info at bclug.ca
Sat Sep 11 15:35:08 EDT 2021

Znoteer wrote on 2021-09-10 2:27 a.m.:

> TBH, I'm not sure I'll be a regulare meeting attendee.  I'm not in the Lower
> Mainland for one thing, so I would only be available for online meetings,
> and even then, I'm not in the same timezone, so I might be difficult to
> accomodate.
>
> I'm mostly interested on the discussions that may happen on this mailing
> list, or maybe on IRC.
>
> If you are looking for more samples of other LUG meetings, there are also
> BGLUG, NSLUG and GTALUG that I am aware of.

Did you check out KWLUG?

Those guys put together a really great organization and regular, good
quality presentations.

I miss going to them in person, then to the get together for drinks /
snacks afterwards.

They're having presentations on MuseScore and another on
containerization Monday at 7pm EDT.

Alas, I'm in a different time zone now and it's hard to attend those
ones. Their mailing list is pretty active though, and a great resource.

Someone popped in to answer a question there recently, turns out he was
a member, *and* the developer of the software in question (Docker Swarm
to Kubernetes config converter).  That was awesome!

I have been joining in on the VLUG (Victoria LUG) meetings. They have
monthly meetings of around a dozen people and are interesting.

Also, occasionally log into the BALUG (Bay Area LUG) for a chat.  Rick
Moen of TLDP (The Linux Documentation Project) is quite involved in that
one and has reached out to invite us to attend.

Thanks for your reply, Znoteer, appreciate it.