[BCLUG] Thunderbird -- changes are planned

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Fri Feb 10 14:41:59 EST 2023

Hey All,

Looks like some "ground-up UI redesign" is planned for Thunderbird:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/02/mozilla-plans-ground-up-ui-redesign-for-thunderbird-email-client-this-july/

> The Supernova release will include an overhaul of Thunderbird's user
>  interface. Castellani didn't share screenshots, but he indicated
> that the new UI would be "simple and clean" and targeted mostly at
> new users. For "veteran users," the interface will also be "flexible
> and adaptable" so that people who prefer the way Thunderbird looks
> now can "maintain that familiarity they love."

Gotta say, this has me concerned.

Anyone out there using Thunderbird?

Any areas you'd like to see get an update? There are probably changes
that would be pretty good, but I can't think of anything off the top of
my head that I want revamped.

https://blog.thunderbird.net/2022/11/thunderbird-supernova-preview-the-new-calendar-design/

Okay, that calendar looks nice, and the calendar / cardbook features get
quite a bit of use here, so this may be an improvement.

rb
--
BCLUG.ca
To subscribe, send an email to discuss-join at bclug.ca