[Discuss] Aspiring Grumpy Unix Admin

jkinney23 at yahoo.ca jkinney23 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 27 07:34:00 EDT 2022

 > A different perspective is that it's a slightly pushy proprietary
> software business, based in San Francisco and lately owned by Microsoft
> Corporation, that somehow conned a lot of people into confusing it with
> git, the (backing, in GitHub, Inc.'s case) data store.

I was thinking that github would not suit my Grumpy Unix guy persona because of the M$
connection. I have an account on codeberg instead and am looking for this other service
I found that is paid but has like no CSS on their frontend...and it looks wonderfully unfriendly
towards hipsters. I'll shoot the link to the list when I find again.

Reality of course is, I do have a github account but it is a dumping station for homework
assignments, a half baked and abandoned web portfolio I have no interest in getting back
to, and a bunch of other people's code that I've forked so I can tinker with it :)