[BCLUG] Greeting to the new year

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Sat Jan 21 02:54:07 EST 2023

David Billsbrough wrote on 20/01/2023 22.14:

> Still working on finding the web-calendar I like best to sync online.

Hi David!

Those were some fascinating calendar resources you shared the other day.

Having looked at one (https://enbizcard.vishnuraghav.com/), I made
better use of URL types (for example) in some of my contacts aka cal/dav.

Still have more I could do, but I am always amazed at how nicely
Thunderbird handles editing calendar and cardbook items stored on my
Nextcloud.  Or moves items from my Google account to my Nextcloud.

After I imported the GTABUGics during the meetup the other day, and
shared the calendar link back out with all the other LUG and BUG
meetings, I was bothered that I couldn't seem to change the underlying
name of the calendar as seen in URLs.

Inside the UI, no problem. In the URL? No.

So, to the DB I went, looking through the tables related to calendars.

I found some hilarious stuff - items like "hot wax nose hairs" caught my
eye!

Further poking around showed it to be a test account with some really
humorous test entries. I shan't mention who, but "Well Done!".

Anyway, TL;DR, here's a calendar list of Tech Meetups (requires
connecting to it with a caldav client like Android or Thunderbird):

> https://nextcloud.bclug.ca/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/FstPYnjs8ndwoN6Z?export

If you (or anyone on the list) is interested in having a test account on
Nextcloud v25.03 (the latest stable), lemme know and I'll set one up for
you.

Nice to hear from you, take care.

rb