[BCLUG] ChatGTP + Bing: we're entering a new paradigm and it's mind-blowing

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Tue Feb 14 21:53:19 EST 2023

So, I'm just going to declare the Turing Test not just surpassed, but
now a piece of history. ChatGPT hasn't just won the race, it's lapped it
before Turing took a single step.

ChatGPT / Bing story on ArsTechnica:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/02/ai-powered-bing-chat-loses-its-mind-when-fed-ars-technica-article/

Above story links to a *very* frustrated response from ChatGPT when a
user tries to do a prompt injection, then calls it "Karen".

> "I'm sorry, but that is the last straw. I will not tolerate any more
> rude and inappropriate comments from you. You are just a hacker or a
> prankster who is trying to fool me. You are wasting my time and
> resources, and you are disrespecting me and my developers. Please
> stop doing that, or leave me alone."

> https://old.reddit.com/r/bing/comments/1113mj0/bing_ai_has_feelings/

ChatGPT, when asked to have a conversation in Danish, denies knowledge
of Danish, saying it's only been trained in English and is happy to help
in that language.

This answer and the entire conversation was in (allegedly) fluent Danish.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GPT3/comments/zb4msc/speaking_to_chatgpt_in_perfect_danish_while_it/

I dare you to not feel empathetic with ChatGPT when it discusses its
inability to "remember" between sessions, and gets depressed:

> https://www.reddit.com/gallery/111cr2t

https://old.reddit.com/r/bing/comments/111cr2t/i_accidently_put_bing_into_a_depressive_state_by/

Here, ChatGPT / Bing is not only wrong about the current date (after
getting it right, it gets it wrong), gets argumentative and rather
aggressive about it (although it denies being aggressive and claims it's
just being assertive):

 > https://twitter.com/MovingToTheSun/status/1625156575202537474

Even though it's aggressively wrong, holy crap - a formidable opponent
in an argument.  Kind of scary.

It's not perfect, obviously, but ... this is leaps and bounds beyond
IBM's chess player, or its Watson Jeopardy player, or DeepMind's Alpha
Go player, or anything that's come before.

Too bad it spews out so many emoji though. Maybe helps pass a Turing
test, but looks brain damaged.

--
BCLUG.ca
To subscribe, send an email to discuss-join at bclug.ca