[BCLUG] nextcloud: talk and doc collaboration

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Thu Nov 10 05:10:42 EST 2022

Znoteer via Discuss wrote on 2022-11-04 16:45:

> I just tried cooperating on a doc with a friend. Neat, but kinda
> clunky. Is that an artifact of NextCloud Office not yet being
> optimal, or is it just à question of a low powered demo server?
So, *I got OnlyOffice working*!!

That was a challenge... (note to self: inside container,
/etc/nginx/conf.d/ds.conf needs editing).

Anyway, I encourage you to give that a shot for editing & collaborating.

It feels much speedier than NC Office, in my limited testing.

While both can be installed, I have, for now, disabled NC Office.

I'd be very interested in your thoughts on any interface differences &
performance improvements.

Also, anyone else interested in having a test of NextCloud, I'd be happy
to set you up with a test account.

Cheers