[BCLUG] nextcloud: talk and doc collaboration

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Tue Nov 8 14:41:35 EST 2022

Znoteer via Discuss wrote on 2022-11-08 06:14:

>> Plus, I'm hosting on a residential connection with 6Mbps upload speed,
>> likely a factor too.
>>
> Could be an important factor. It wasn't so much that things didn't work, but that they were slow. If two people try to edit different parts of the doc at the same time it is even worse. But I still think it's neat and am mulling whether to install to a separate machine or alongside Freedombox.
>
> Are you running Nextcloud Hub or the basic Nextcloud (Nextcloud at home in the Products menu)?

Running "php occ status" gives "version: 24.0.7.1".

I think that's Nextcloud Hub v2 and NC 25 is Hub v3, but am unsure of
exact nomenclature.

I'm seeing reports that v25 is somewhat faster for some people but no
empirical evidence of that.

Just waiting for v25 to come into my "stable" branch, then I'll update
it, I really want to try out the facial recognition stuff.

I'll let you know once it's ready to upgrade.

Still considering whether to nuke and reinstall to get OnlyOffice
working, or continue upgrading in place...

Ciao