[BCLUG] nextcloud: talk and doc collaboration

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Mon Nov 7 14:37:36 EST 2022

Znoteer via Discuss wrote on 2022-11-04 16:45:

> I just tried cooperating on a doc with a friend. Neat, but kinda
> clunky. Is that an artifact of NextCloud Office not yet being
> optimal, or is it just à question of a low powered demo server?
I don't know the answer to that, unfortunately.

I found collaborating on OnlyOffice was acceptable to my standards, but
haven't tried it in NextCloud Office.

I did poke around a bit more on getting OO working in this NC instance,
without luck.

I'm going to try again this week because it's really nice and there must
be something minor that I'm overlooking. Works fine on my main domain.

I recall reading something about NC Office doing the rendering work on
the server side, where OO does it on the client side, making NC Office
feel clunkier, so that may be it.

Plus, I'm hosting on a residential connection with 6Mbps upload speed,
likely a factor too.

I'll post my results when I've had a chance to give OO another go.