[Discuss] Greetings from the Valley of Tetravalent Metals (was: Welcome and meeting topics of interest)

admin info at bclug.ca
Mon May 17 00:48:50 EDT 2021

Rick Moen via Discuss wrote on 2021-05-15 5:43 p.m.:

> So, for example, if you'd like to join me at tomorrow's online
> open discussion at BerkeleyPi , it will be on Jitsi Meet at
> https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG  , at 11am-2pm, BC time,
> Please feel welcome to drop in.  (I'm sure Thomas, who runs
> Pi.BerkeleyLUG, won't mind.)

Thanks for the invite Rick, enjoyed it thoroughly.

I recommend any other BCLUG subscribers keep an eye open for future
meeting announcements, it's worth your time.

> For those who are unfamiliar with Jitsi Meet, it is vaguely similar to
> Zoom, except open source,_and_  you do not need a special client
> program, as any modern Web browser that supports WebRTC and Javascript
> will suffice.

This was a treasure that I wasn't aware of.

Worked very well and will probably be the choice for us if/when we hold
meeting(s).

If things pick up, will definitely look at Michael's installation script
for self-hosting.

Nice meeting you guys today, and thanks again!

rb